« The World and US »
Blog Collectif sur la facon dont les Etats-Unis sont percus dans le monde
L’Universite de Californie a Berkeley a lance un blog collectif sur la facon dont les Etats-Unis sont percus dans le monde : « The World and US ».
Chacun peut le consulter et l’alimenter, à cette adresse :
WorldAndUS is an interdisciplinary UC Berkeley-based project to study Perceptions of the United States in the World. It is built up as a group blog (web log), an internet conversation space, where academics, intellectuals, journalists, students, policy-makers and others all over the world can exchange experiences, information and ideas.
This blog, written by people in different places with different sensibilities wants to be immediately useful in three complementary ways :
– As a filter that selects interesting stories from different media worldwide ;
– As a place of reflection in which contributors post significant essays ;
– As a conversation space in which contributors and users can address some of the most significant international issues of the moment. By providing quality information from different international sources, relevant thoughts, and a conversation space, WorldAndUS should ultimately contribute to a better understanding of the most divisive issues inside and outside the US, as well as between the US and the rest of the world.
We hope that this blog will be a first step in creating a tool, which will one day become a useful policy instrument for States and non-state actors conscious of the importance of world opinion and global sentiments about issues affecting us all.
There are different ways to contribute :
– to filter interesting stories from different media and to post them with a short comment
– to post once a week (a month or every two weeks) a more comprehensive essay
– to answer to specific questions sent to you by the board of editors and your answers will be posted on the blog.